Archive

Archive for the ‘shiren 4’ Category

02/12/2013

December 2, 2013 Leave a comment

It has been a while…

I have been working on a few things.

20 items/weapons done for Dungeon of Windaria.   About 300 lines of editing for okeari chibi robo (which is for me an achievement as I find editing that boring to the point of putting me to sleep within 5 minutes).   Half the prologue for date ni game edited in.  Testing and more testing and yet more testing for shiren the wanderer 4 (ds and psp).    The psp  version takes full width text but not ascii due to the compression it uses.  The ds version I have been fiddling with that font over and over as it unfortunately has to have a font edit.  Dramtatic dungeon sakura taisen… I have been redumping then doing a slightly better job translating then editing that stuff back in.  I have no idea what to put as to the progress for all of these.  Zoids battle coloseum I translated about 80 lines of text.  Which I have yet to insert.  Itadaki street ds – well aside from trying some awkward graphic inserts  there is no progress.  considering a much needed asm hack for this and or just posting what has been done and leaving it gasp “incomplete”.    sigh.   The elminage 2 projects psp and nds are stalled right now.  their is a limitation on both of these games as to what I can insert.  The psp especially as memory tracking on it has proven too time consuming.  Where as on the ds version it is a matter of just dealing with the limits for the text.  Which leaves things short formed and or very confusing.  Which by and by was how it seems to have been intended.   It is only due to my dyslexia/other learning disabilities that I am aware of the leaps to certain conclusions the programmers/writers were making.   I have had to always go back and check my work to make sure that I do not do exactly that.  just make a conclusion without explaining myself.   So it was interesting to find it in a game.  alas there is no space to explain what needs to in game.  Which again leaves me with the urge to post what work I have done drop them as a project and move on.

That leaves the android translation of a megames game twilight labyrinth.   its just an alice in wonderland roguelike.  I have dumped the images and am still in the process of dumping the text.  The text needs to be converted due to its encoding.  I have already tested and know that ascii can be used in game.

I am roguelike fan.  If you know of any short android roguelikes out there that could use a translation let me know.

 

As to my life… last week was one of those weeks where I questioned everything going on and wondered “why am I doing this?  Why am I putting up with being treated this way?”

 

Advertisements

shiren 4 08/11/2012

November 9, 2012 Leave a comment

yeah so after finishing (graphically and what I thought was textually, – er table wise… meh), the mte of shiren 4’s font, I found myself looking at garbled letters and an unmistakable failure.  one problem which was an easy fix was correcting the in game width of the letter pairs.  Which was actually real easy to do as there is a width check in the file.

No, now the other main problem was that I had changed the table file to be able to read the letter pairs.  Th sh ea and so on.  so I figured the smallest and easiest to edit file signboard.bin would be my best bet for testing.  All you have to do is walk around town and go up to a place that has a name.  so “Bar ” should have shown up correctly.  What I got was the default nul character (square block).   My way around this was to just leave the original table file in place and use the old japanese letter equivalents.  something i had done for my now discontinued 7th dragon project.  which is where the width check made itself apparent.

So… sigh.

I mentioned before that this edit would mean that the entire game would have to be translated.  As there would be no point as now most of the former untranslated stuff is pure garbage.

Now aside from this there is the additional block of having to stay within the same size of the sir0 headered files as there is a memory position/pointer for the beginning of every one of these files.  well except for the messarc.bin sir0 pack file.  Since there isn’t that much text in those packed files this is not a problem.

Where does this leave me re working that table file to see if I can in fact edit anything other than the width in.  As I severely hope that is isn’t my out of numerical order mte’d font table that is causing the error.

uh otherwise, I am only posting this as I have been sick the last 2 days and pretty much unable to do anything.  (yes that includes working on my hacks/translation crap).   I thought an update was in order.

still wondering if this direction is the best fit for me (not the hacking stuff).

Categories: shiren 4

15/10/2012

October 15, 2012 Leave a comment

finished the font for shiren 4.  thus by extension shiren 5.  Now this is by no means a complete dte or mte.   although mte actually applies more as I did use the privilege of putting more than two letters in one tile.   Unfortunately this means that there will need to be as complete a translation as possible.  There are 248 letters left for use.  By this I mean if the letter pair isn’t in the table provided it will need to be inserted into the fonts.  so that it can be used.  I am tempted to only post the font and the related files for others use.

Categories: shiren 4