Home > Uncategorized > april 2012 update

april 2012 update

With the trouble I have been having with Duel love I have been focusing on Battle coloseum.  Graphically I am done with the zgirl names, some other graphics.  Otherwise I have been dumping script and organizing stuff.  I now have a better idea of the pilot and character names.  I also dumped the character expressions (graphically).  The expressions will be needed later for the script dump, to help make sense of what they really are saying. As such I have updated the gbatemp page with some links to google docs stuff.  Also found there is progress on my dump of the script.

Strangely there are other games where I have to do the exact same thing.   Dump memory based text from pointers… (there should be a reverberation or some other dramatic music playing while that is read).   I think when I finish this I will not be spending as much time on the hacking as I do.

On the plus side if and when I get to it dungeon of windaria will be easy.  Thanks to others work.  As there is so little left to do that once I get what is left translated, all it will be is just time wasting with re-pointing and insertion (or vice versa).

Now Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen, that is a lot more work.  I really haven’t dived into that too much (comparably) except for some minor work.  Heck since I took my patch down what a year or two a go and no one has asked for the patch.  You can play it, but there is not much done.  you can read up on it on gbatemp or here.  Text wise though this game is pretty heavy.

then there is Elminage… sigh a mixture of trouble.  Easy to edit csv files mixed with custom format bin script files and arm9/overlay text.  Which not even mentioning the need to edit and change map files (that I haven’t figured out quite yet).  The arm9 overlay stuff seems like it will go quick as most is stuff that is repeated in the csv/bin files.

Itadaki… I could have saved my translator for this so much trouble if I had thought to dump the arm9/overlay text according to the pointers.  Which is only half the trouble.  I need to find and edit the second font.   Not the easy to get to fonts that is right at the beginning of the game or the harder to find font that I wrongly assumed was being used throughout the game, no the one that is the exact same size and shape of the one I wrongly assumed was the right one, that I have no idea where it is.  Then there is tracking how the map files work with a debugger – backtracking the matrix positioning system that seems to be in place.   I will get to dumping the text with the pointers eventually.  This also means I need to find space in memory for possible expansion (deadbeef).

Advertisements
Categories: Uncategorized
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: